"Hiremath, Vaibhav" <hvaib...@ti.com> writes:

> [...]

I haven't thought in detail about the exact fix for this, but it
shouldn't be difficult. For example, it could be as simple as creating
some more per-family hwmod lists of optional hwmods.  Then, during init,
register them based on the feature flag.

Longer term, it may be that we handle this using DT, but I'm not sure we
will use DT to describe that level of SoC detail.

> Currently hwmod is also dependent on cpu_is_xxxx to register respective
> modules.

In mainline it is only done by CPU family (revision), not using cpu_is*

> I completely understand and agree to the fact that there may not be any harm
> due to this, but this means, iva will be always registered for 3505 devices.

Correct for today, but not difficult to remedy by fixing up the hwmod init.

Kevin