On 01/26/2012 05:57 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:

You just throw away best_buf here, don't you?

You're right.  It's even worse than that.  best_buf will contain the data
from the last compressor used.  And it will be prematurely freed.  Here's
a fixed version.

I've tested this version for a while now with the same result as before.

No oopses, no spinlock violations. I copied a 2MB file from the SD/MMC partition to the two JFFS2 partitions and md5summ'ed it a bunch of times. After that I unmounted and remounted both partitions.

I do see a steady memory usage increase when doing continuous testing, but whether that's normal I don't know. I see at least some of it being reclaimed when unmounting the JFFS2 partitions (grep jffs2 /proc/slabinfo).

--
Orjan Friberg
FlatFrog Laboratories AB