On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 00:57:13 +0200 Grazvydas Ignotas <nota...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to get suspend working with musb compiled in on 3.2.
> It seems both patches from this thread are needed, Kevin's patch stops
> omap2430_runtime_suspend() from being called at inappropriate time
> (when i2c is suspended [1]) and Felipe's patch brings that call back
> at better time (when i2c is still active). Perhaps they can be applied
> now, as current state crashes for me (see [1])?
>
> However there is a new issue with these patches applied, core_pwrdm no
> longer enters low power state, but I think I've found why. After
> omap_device_disable_idle_on_suspend() call, _od_suspend_noirq()
> function in omap_device.c no longer calls omap_device_idle(), which
> means things (clocks?) are not properly stopped before entering
> suspend, preventing core_pwrdm from going down.
>
> So I guess the question is, can it be done that
> omap2430_runtime_suspend() could access i2c and omap_device_idle()
> would be called?
>
> [1] For some reason I get data abort on i2c register access if it's
> suspended, not i2c timeouts that some people report..

1/ I don't know what your problem might be, but I have suspend working
 quite well with musb compiled in.  CORE goes to RET.

 The code is at git://neil.brown.name/gta04 in the 3.2-gta04 branch.
 There are various additions and hacks in there, I don't know which
 ones might be important.

2/ If you see i2c register access abort, I think that is because the iclk is
  being turned off.  Timeouts are because the interrupt is disabled or
  ignored.

good luck,
NeilBrown