On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 11:35 -0800, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> Tero Kristo <[email protected]> writes:
> 
> > Some clockdomains can't support manual domain transitions triggered by
> > clock framework, and must be prevented from doing so. Added clkdm flag
> > CLKDM_NO_MANUAL_TRANS for doing this.
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Tero Kristo <[email protected]>
> > Cc: Paul Walmsley <[email protected]>
> > Cc: Kevin Hilman <[email protected]>
> 
> Dumb Q: what's the difference between this new flag and CLKDM_CAN_SWSUP?

CAN_SWSUP controls software wakeup / sleep (clktrctrl values 1 and 2),
but it still allows hwsup based transitions during runtime (basically
using values 0 & 3 for the same register.) NO_MANUAL_TRANS prevents
both, but still allows hwauto mode being enabled in the first place.

I was thinking about adding a flag for preventing the autodep disabling
as this was the root cause for the problem I saw, but I wanted to
optimize the _clkdm_clk_hwmod_enable/disable for this case, as the
domain is not going through any transitions.

-Tero

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-omap" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to