Hi,

On 03/05/12 19:32, CF Adad wrote:
> Hi Igor,
>

> Thanks for your reply!  So are both ports working on the CM-T3517
> simultaneously now?

Well, you need to apply all the patches I've sent you.

>  Looking at the latest board file for the CM-T3517
> (arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-cm-t3517.c), I don't see either the SMSC or the
> EMAC ports being initialized.  Has that initialization code been moved
> somewhere else in the kernel?

Again, you need to apply the patches I've sent you.

> Regarding the patches:  I had actually seen those (in the previous "version
> #2" I believe), and applied them to our kernel.

v3 is slightly different and you need the patch for the board file.
You need also the patches I've sent you privately.

>  If you take a look at my board file below, you'll notice I defined a
> "USE_ALT__EMAC_ETH" definition that causes the separate EMAC file (created by
> those patches) to be used.  I've tried both the old and the new (separate
> file) way of doing this.  Our EMAC does work fine, as does our SMSC, except
> our SMSC does not store a MAC address.  They just do not work together.  One
> or the other must be disabled (commented out of the code) or neither work.

The patch I've sent you solves exactly that...

> It appears to me that the problem with running both is the mdio id setting.
> Perhaps they're both demanding the same slot or something?

Yes, there were several changes made to MDIO framework and how the whole thing
is handled.

Igor.