* Archit Taneja <arc...@ti.com> [130213 06:26]:
> init functions in omap board files request panel specific gpios, and provide
> functions which omapdss panel drivers call to enable or disable them.
>
> Instead of the board files requesting these gpios, they should just pass the
> platform specific data(like the gpio numbers), the panel should retrieve the
> platform data and request the gpios. Doing this prevents the need of the panel
> driver calling platform functions in board files.
>
> Panel drivers have their own platform data struct, and the board files
> populate
> these structs and pass the pointer to the 'data' field of omap_dss_device.
> This
> work will make it easier for the panel drivers be more adaptable to the
> DT model.
>
> There is also removal of passing panel reset_gpio numbers through
> omap_dss_device struct directly, reset gpios are passed through platform data
> only.

To avoid merge conflicts and dependencies between drivers and core
Soc code, please break thes kind of patches into following parts:

1. Any platform_data header changes needed so both I and Tomi
   can pull it in as needed.

2. Changes to DSS drivers. Please keep stubs around for the
   board specific callback functions so omap2plus_defconfig
   won't break with just #1 merged into arm soc tree.

3. All the arch/arm/*omap* changes based on #1 above to
   drop obsolete callback functions and add new pdata if still
   needed. This needs to build and boot on #1 so I can merge
   this in via arm soc tree.

4. Any .dts changes needed.

Regards,

Tony