Hi Jon,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 02:08:08PM -0600, Jon Hunter wrote:

> On 02/15/2013 01:53 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, 15 Feb 2013, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> >
> >> I imagine one of the biggest issues is GPMC's dependency on
> >> hwmod code. Can anyone shed some light on how to handle this?
> >
> > What dependency is this?  I'm not aware of any GPMC dependency to hwmod;
> > there shouldn't be any.
>
> If Ezequiel is referring to the code in omap_gpmc_init() that is looking
> up the hwmod struct for gpmc, then this not a dependency. This function
> should remain in mach-omap2/gpmc.c and not be moved into drivers/.

Yes, I was referring to that code.

> Eventually once we have migrated to DT, this function will be removed
> altogether.

Mmm, I see. So I might try to move GPMC and friends to drivers/memory
keeping the hwmod code inside mach-omap2.

I already did a few tests and I **think** that with a little luck
we can have a not-so-intrusive patch that moves GPMC.

@Jon: Do you think it's worth the effort?

--
Ezequiel GarcĂ­a, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android Engineering