On Wednesday 20 February 2013 12:46 AM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
[...]

Just to recap what we've discussed earlier, the reasons why we want
reset and idle functions should be in the driver specific header are:

1. There's often driver specific logic needed in addition to the
    syconfig tinkering in the reset/idle functions.

It's been a while since I last tabulated this.  But my recollection was
that some kind of IP block-specific reset code is needed for about 7% to
10% of the OMAP IP blocks.

Yes it's not too many, but the issue there is the driver specific code
that's duplicated in both places. And sounds like the solution to that
is to make driver specific reset code a static inline function in the
driver header as discussed earlier so bus code can call it when there's
no driver loaded.

This thread is going in many directions and I've lost track.

Indeed. I lost track too and almost gave up further reading.

Regards,
Santosh