On 16/06/13 15:28, Igor Grinberg wrote:

>>> Although one thing is missing from the tfp410 driver is
>>> the PD GPIO polarity. I had to adjust it locally to get the DVI working.
>>> The original polarity was high = disabled, low = enabled.
>
>> Hmm, but this is missing from the old driver also, isn't it? At least
>> with a quick glance the old and new tfp410 drivers do the same thing
>> with the PD gpio.
>
> Well, we were driving the PD GPIO from the board file...

Ah, I see. That was inverted PD handling was removed in 3.5, by accident
as far as I see. So DVI on cm-t35 has been broken since?

I wonder how that should be fixed... The tfp410 driver handles it
correctly, as the PD gpio is active low (i.e. high == tfp410 enabled),
so having it inverted is a board specific thing. Do you know what is the
reason to have it inverted?

There seems to be OF_GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW, but I'm not sure how it should be
used, as I don't see anyone setting that flag... And supporting that
would mean, in principle, that every driver should support inverting the
gpio with every gpio they have.

 Tomi