* Ezequiel Garcia | 2013-07-06 18:39:50 [-0300]:

>Hi Sebastian,
Hi Ezequiel,

>After some minor DT tweaking on the current patchset,
>I've managed to detect an USB mass storage device in the
>second instance (host / usb1) using a Beaglebone black board.

Beaglebone black, that one has a different device tree which is not
mainline, right?

>However, after I unplug the device, it's not recognized
>when I replug it. Maybe you can take a look at this;
>i'll do some more testings and see what I can come up with.

I figured out why my Host is not recognized on the second plug:
At module load time, musb_start() is executed and it sets the
MUSB_DEVCTL_SESSION in devctl.
After the device is unplugged dsps_musb_try_idle() schedules a timer
which executes the local otg_timer() function. Since the phy is in
OTG_STATE_A_WAIT_BCON state, the MUSB_DEVCTL_SESSION bit gets removed.
If the removal of the bit is ignored, the device is recognized after a
re-plug.

Now a question: I see that am35x and anothers also remove that flag in
thsi case. How is the flag supposed to come back?
I see that blackfin removes that bit and stuffs it back in. Any idea
what should be done here?

>Also, FWIW, I think that having a separate USB phy for am35xx would be
>much better.
So you would prefer a new file with 90% copy of what we already have in
the nop_phy?

Sebastian