CentOS 5.4 x86_64 OMSA 5.4 on a PE2900.

I expanded a RAID-6 set by the addition of additional volumes through
OMSA. All physical disks were in local slots attached to the same Perc 6/i
(no MDx000). The entire disk /dev/sdX (no partitions) was previously made
into a single LVM volume group, and remained active throughout this
procedure. When completed, "omreport storage vdisk" reported the new and
correct size. The new size was not otherwise available to the kernel,
however: pvscan reported the old size, pvresize did not resize,
/sys/block/sdX/size contained the old size. A pvresize resized the
physical volume only after a reboot. What's the trick to making this work
without a reboot? I have several RAID sets to resize, where rebooting is
not an option. Thanks,

Steve