On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Tim Small <t...@buttersideup.com> wrote:

> You can use "dumpCmos" from the smbios utilities to dump all of the BIOS
> settings from the Linux commandline.  Do a diff of the two sets of dumps
> with the dual-core/quad-core setting having been manually changed...
> You can then use "activateCmosToken" to change the same setting on all
> your servers - which should be trivial to automate.

Thanks Tim! What's the exact command  again? I see the following on my system,:

smbios-get-ut-data      smbios-rbu-bios-update  smbios-sys-info-lite
 smbios-wakeup-ctl
smbios-lcd-brightness   smbios-state-byte-ctl   smbios-token-ctl
 smbios-wireless-ctl
smbios-passwd           smbios-sys-info         smbios-upflag-ctl

Am I missing a Dell repo that needs to be installed!

I dried dmidecode but cannot figure out the exact setting line I need.

> I'd also push for financial compensation, I think!

I wish! :) Is there Dell management lurking on the list?

--
Rahul