From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Philip Tait
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 4:31 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Third-party drives not permitted on Gen 11 servers

I just received my first Gen11 server, R710, with H700 PERC. I removed
the supplied drives, and installed 4 Barracuda ES.2s. After doing a
"Clear Configuration" in the pre-boot RAID setup utility, I can perform
no operation with the drives - they are marked as "blocked".

Is Dell preventing the use of 3rd-party HDDs now?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Philip J. Tait
http://subarutelescope.org