Hi, One of my PE2950 (iii) servers is complaining of ecc correctable errors so
i'd like to swap the memory before they become non-correctable.. Unfortunately
the server is at our remote site so i'd like to get the staff there to do the
swap (it doesn't have dell memory in mainly to the excessive price dell charge
so i can't get them to do it under warranty)

I also have a PE2950 locally as well which i'm using for reference...

But i have 2 questions, the system logs are reporting FB_DIMM4B as being the
troublesome one  - i take it this is bank 4 second dimm?

Secondly in the documentation it says to use the following pairs for correct
memory configuration (1,5) (2,6) (3,7) (4,8) however the server complains
unless the following is done (1,2) (3,4) (5,6) (7,8). The same docs even report
the error message given at boot time..

Am i missing something or are the docs wrong (mb mislabelled)?

Finally given the above am i right in assuming FB_DIMM4B is in slot 8?

Thanks for your time

John
--

Got needs? Get Goblin'! - http://www.pricegoblin.co.uk/