On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:19:20AM -0600, Cody Jarrett wrote:
>    Is there a way to check Bios items on a Dell Poweredge, such as AC Power
>    Recovery Mode status, without having to install OMSA?
>    For example, when I do install OMSA and run:
>    omreport chassis biossetup |grep -A2 -i power
>    Attribute : AC Power Recovery Mode
>    Setting   : On
>    I get what I'm looking for. I'm just wondering if there is a lighter
>    weight utility or way to check the status of mainly just this item (AC
>    Power Recovery Mode).

You can use Deployment Toolkit (DTK).  It is available for download on
support.dell.com.

You may also be able to use smbios-token-ctl, from the
smbios-utils-python package on most distributions.  On this PowerEdge
2850, I get:

$ sudo /usr/sbin/smbios-token-ctl -d
[snip]
  Token: 0x00a1 - AC Power Recovery Mode (Off)
  value: bool = false
   Desc: After an AC power loss, when AC power is restored, the system
  will stay
         off.
  Token: 0x00a3 - AC Power Recovery Mode (On)
  value: bool = false
   Desc: After an AC power loss, when AC power is restored, the system
  will power
          on.
  Token: 0x00a2 - AC Power Recovery Mode (Last)
  value: bool = true
   Desc: After an AC power loss, when AC power is restored, the system
  will retur
         n to the state was in when power was lost.

and to set the mode, activate the appropriate token:
$ sudo /usr/sbin/smbios-token-ctl --activate -i 0x00a3

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO