Dear all,

I've set up a R610 with PERC6/i and PERC6/e controllers and MD1000
backup. The R610 has 3 disks: 2 in RAID1 configuration, and 1 as a
hot-swap.

Before client data was added, I created a restore image using
Clonezilla, and tested it on the RAID1 disks successfully (data is
over-written by restore process).

Now after client data has been added, I have a maintenance time coming
up next week where I want to create another restore image and test
it---but if possible without deleting data or interfering with the
RAID1 configuration.

So I want to disable the two RAID1 disks in the BIOS, and use the
hot-swap disk as the system disk, do a restore to the new single disk,
and test that it runs.

Then I want to switch back to the original RAID1 and hot-swap configuration.

What I wonder is whether the controller will have an trouble if I
disable and reenable RAIDs in this manner?

Many thanks in advance for comments and opinions.
Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug