Hi Alex,

It didn't seem to fare any better after the changes you suggested.  I
did notice that the BIOS update reports that it failed to install
during boot, in a message shown for a split second before the Dell
logo appears.

The iDRAC update reports something along the lines of the component
status unknown.

.ali