From: linux-poweredge-boun...@dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-boun...@dell.com] On Behalf Of Rahul Nabar
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 6:43 PM
To: linux-poweredge@dell.com
Subject: R410: Is IPMI-BMC always connected to NIC1?

Is the IMPI / BMC IP always connected to the Gig1 port?

Normally I use just a single physical ethernet connection but assign a
different management IP to the same port so that hung machines etc.
can be remotely rebooted.
It works mostly ok but: I have a few machines where I am using the
NIC2 interface. There it doesn't seem to work.

Is the IPMI somehow tied to the Gig1 interface. ANy way to change it
so that Gig2 also works?

[I'm using Gig2 on some ports because a few of my servers came with
the tab on the Gig1 damaged so that the connection remains lose. At
that time I didn't think that this was a big deal but this might shut
my ipmi options]

--
Rahul