On 05/08/10 08:00, Marc Petitmermet wrote:
> megaraid: aborting-12854 cmd=2a<c=2 t=0 I=0>
> megaraid abort: [255:128], driver owner
> megaraid: resetting the host...
>

> What do the above errors mean? Are the disks failing or is this an other
> hardware issue?
>
> Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I'd want to take a closer look at the general health of the drives
themselves (grown defect list, ECC correction count, uncorrectable error
count and the like) using a tool like smartctl - recent smartmontools
releases have support for looking at drives behind perc 4s - search for
megaraid in:

http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/man/smartctl.8.html

alternatively if getting smartctl onto this box is fiddly (and you can
easily take the drives offline) it might be easier to plug the drives
into a plain SCSI controller on a more modern box...

HTH,

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.