Hi Louis,

*never* order via online shop. Always get a Dell sales person to talk
to. Just tell them what you want, then let them send you an offer. The
price difference is significant (and the Online configurator IMO has
been sucking for years). A sales rep obviously has access to a lot more
configurations (and the knowledge which one to choose).

To answer one of your questions: You may either just order 8 small disks
from Dell if you don't want to pay their premium prices or you could get
the trays from somewhere else (there are other sources on the net).
Getting empty drive trays from Dell has turned out impossible in the
past.

HTH,

Tino.

www.tisc.de