On 12/3/2010 7:22 AM, Alastair Sherringham wrote:
> Dell SC1425
one of the things you have to watch is if the sticks are high density or
low density.  Most ram(even ones made for older standards) is high
density and many older boxes can't handle that.  I'm thinking that's
your issue.  If i am doing aftermarket ram for an older box I always use
crucial.com.  If they recommend a ram stick it's guaranteed to work..and
they only carry 512 meg modules for the 1400 series now.  I'm thinking
you've got some high density ram and the box isn't liking it.