On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Matt Domsch <matt_dom...@dell.com> wrote:
> FYI.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Matt Domsch <matt_dom...@dell.com> -----
>
> Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:51:14 -0600
> From: Matt Domsch <matt_dom...@dell.com>
> To: linux-hotp...@vger.kernel.org, net...@vger.kernel.org,
>        "K, Narendra" <narendr...@dell.com>,
>        "Hargrave, Jordan" <jordan_hargr...@dell.com>,
>        "Rose, Charles" <charles_r...@dell.com>,
>        Colin Watson <cjwat...@ubuntu.com>
> Subject: biosdevname v0.3.3
>
> biosdevname, now version 0.3.3.
>
> I re-added the PCI IRQ Routing Table lookup code.  This is used as a
> fallback, in the event system BIOS doesn't provide index and label
> information in a way we can get at via sysfs, or via reading SMBIOS
> directly.  This is necessary as quite a few systems I want to
> have this feature on do not yet expose this info via SMBIOS, yet the
> values in $PIR are perfectly usable for this purpose.

Thanks Matt, you're probably right about SMBIOS on 2950's.. ours has a
very out of date bios (1.2.0, latest is 2.6.1) which is probably why
it doesn't work without the fallback method, but we have several
r200's in the field with multiple nics so I am pleased you've put this
back in.

On holiday at the moment but in the new year I will add biosdevname
support to Gentoo.

:)

Andy