Hi Peng,

It's possible to monitor Dell PE with Ubuntu as OS if you use nagios
monitoring backend.
I have > 40 Dell server from PE29xx to R730 and it's function like a charm.

You need :

   1. OMSA 100% functional on the PE to monitor
   2. net-snmp (*sudo aptitude install snmp snmpd* libsnmp-perl
   (<==optional)) on the PE to monitor
   1. Don't forget to deactivate -mux option on the snmpd daemon
      (/etc/default/snmpd), omsa snmp daemon need it ;)
   3. check_openmanage from nagios exchange platform or equivalent on your
   monitoring platform (net-snmp must be installed on it).

Good luck :)

David

> OMSA for debian/ubuntu. Have not tested it yet but...
>

> http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2013/06/26/dell-omsa-7-3-and-dtk-4-3-for-ubuntu-and-debian
>
> Joe Rosato
> Thomas Jefferson University
> w:215-503-8001