Daan,

The best way to use the OMSA plugin for Nagios with containerized OMSA is to
query the container via SNMP. It’s a bit of a hack, but if you’re really
interested, here are the steps:

1.       Start OMSA container and map port 161 (in addition to 1311). Add “-p
161:161” to docker run command.

2.       Once OMSA container is running, use nsenter to enter container and
install net-snmp package (use this script http://bit.ly/1Q6TfaT to enter
container)

3.       Configure /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf and run /usr/sbin/snmpd (see
http://dell.to/1P26niE for configuration details).

4.       Exit container.

5.       Back on your physical host, run the OMSA plugin and use the OMSA
container’s IP address (use this script: http://bit.ly/1PZaHMx to get IP
address)

./check_openmanage -H 172.17.0.63

OK - System: 'PowerEdge R430', SN: 'XXYYZZ3', 128 GB ram (8 dimms), 3 logical
drives, 16 physical drives

Jose De la Rosa
Linux Engineering
Dell | Enterprise Solutions Group