From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Chris Adams
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2016 1:29 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists <linux-powere...@lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] A little OT: Dell EqualLogic FS series

This is a little off-topic, but is anybody familiar with the EqualLogic FS
series NAS?  They do appear to run CentOS, so it has some relevance here, right?

I got an FS7600 for a setup that needs NFS (to be connected to a PS4100).  Out
of the box, one controller had a bad hard drive (couldn't mount root FS), so we
got a replacement controller from Dell.  However, the replacement controller
has an older firmware rev.  Each of these conditions keep me from creating the
NAS cluster, because you have to add in matched pairs.

I've been round and round will Dell support, trying to get a working setup, but
I'm not getting anywhere.  I'm trying to get that escalated now (not a problem
with the tech on my case, but he doesn't seem to be getting good support from
his level-2), but I'm just curious if anyone else is familiar with the workings
of the FS series and might have any ideas (this is my first FS box).

--
Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net>