Hi,

 I have a PER 510 with PERC H700 and two virtual disks, a RAID5 and a RAID1.
 The RAID1 is built on the two internal disks.

 One of the disks in the RAID1 failed. I replaced it with an identical, new
 disk, and the controller doesn't see it, it continues to show up as failed
 in the controller management pages (Ctrl-R). Member replacement is not
 possible, the only option available is blinking the disk. It also shows up
 as "Failed" and "Spun Up" in OMSA, again with no other action but blinking
 available.

 Plugging in an older disk I replaced on a different machine a while back,
 the controller asks about importing a foreign configuration, so I'm confident
 that cabling and connections are good.

 All firmwares are as up to date as possible (cue "the attempted feature is
 not licensed" problem that has been reported here by others).

 How do I get the controller to recognise the disk?

 Thanks.