Hi, I need to remove an old MD1000 array that is connected via external HBA on
one of my servers, and I need to do it without shutting the server down. This
appears to be possible but there are many steps to get it done safely. The
server runs XenServer 6.5, so I plan to roughly follow the instructions
provided by RedHat for RHEL 5.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide/removing_devices.html

After following those instructions to remove all references to the device from
the running OS, I guess I need to remove it from the controller config so it
doesn't think something is wrong when its missing... this is the part where I'm
not sure what needs to be done. Do I just remove the vdisk with
omconfig storage vdisk action=deletevdisk controller=<?> vdisk=<?>

Is that all that is needed to get the controller to forget about this disk
array?

As a small bit of clarification, there is only 1 vdisk that encompasses the
entire array.

I would appreciate any advice or instructions you can provide. Thank you.

Chris