There is another way, we use box to download ISO.

For example https://dell.app.box.com/v/bootabler410 for a R410 and maybe T410
Just change the number to correspond to your server. I use it for R410, R420,
R710 and R720.

Later Dell will certainly provide DSU for maintaining Firmware up-to-date, I
remember later in 2016. So.

For us to, Debian is more important, but we have no choice in our
administration to choose the vendors.

Le 24/05/2016 à 18:00, Helmut Wollmersdorfer a écrit :

> Hi,
>

>> Am 24.05.2016 um 17:34 schrieb Jean-Daniel TISSOT
>> <jean-daniel.tis...@univ-fcomte.fr
>> <mailto:jean-daniel.tis...@univ-fcomte.fr>>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If you have a iDRAC Enterprise, you can boot on Life Cycle to upgrade your
>> firmware.
>> I am on Debian too and as DLR is no more supported by Dell, there is no
>> simple way to upgrade firmware.
>>
> I do not have iDRAC Enterprise.
>
> Will try it with a bootable USB or keep it as is.
>
> Debian is more important than the hardware vendor for me. So the next servers
> will be ones easier to maintain under Debian.
>
> Helmut Wollmersdorfer

Bien cordialement, Jean-Daniel TISSOT
<http://chrono-environnement.univ-fcomte.fr/spip.php?article457>
Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux
Tel: +33 3 81 666 440 Fax: +33 3 81 666 568

Laboratoire Chrono-environnement <http://chrono-environnement.univ-fcomte.fr/>
16, Route de Gray
25030 BESANÇON Cédex

Plan et Accès