"Managing vFlash SD card

The vFlash SD card is a Secure Digital (SD) card that plugs into the vFlash
SD card slot in the system. You can use a card with a maximum of 16 GB
capacity. After you insert the card, you must enable vFlash functionality
to create and manage partitions. vFlash is a licensed feature.
If the card is not available in the system's vFlash SD card slot, the
following error message is displayed in the *iDRAC Web interface at
Overview → Server → vFlash*"

and

Enabling or disabling vFlash functionality

Enabling or disabling vFlash functionality using web interface

To enable or disable the vFlash functionality:
1. In the iDRAC web interface, go to Overview → Server → vFlash.
The SD Card Properties page is displayed.
2. Select or clear the vFLASH Enabled option to enable or disable the
vFlash functionality. If any vFlash partition is attached, you cannot
disable vFlash and an error message is displayed.NOTE: If vFlash
functionality is disabled, SD card properties are not displayed.
3. Click Apply. The vFlash functionality is enabled or disabled based on
the selection.

Enabling or disabling vFlash functionality using RACADM

To enable or disable the vFlash functionality using RACADM, use one of the
following:
• Using config command:
– To enable vFlash:
racadm config -g cfgvFlashsd -o cfgvflashSDEnable 1
– To disable vFlash:
racadm config -g cfgvFlashsd -o cfgvflashSDEnable 0
• Using set command:
– To enable vFlash:
racadm set iDRAC.vflashsd.Enable 1
– To disable vFlash:
racadm set iDRAC.vflashsd.Enable 0
NOTE: The RACADM command functions only if a vFlash SD card is present. If
a card is not present,
the following message is displayed: ERROR: SD Card not present.

Enabling or disabling vFlash functionality using iDRAC settings utility

To enable or disable the vFlash functionality:
1. In the *iDRAC Settings utility, go to Media and USB Port Settings.*
The iDRAC Settings . Media and USB Port Settings page is displayed.
2. In the vFlash Media section, select Enabled to enable vFlash
functionality or *select Disabled to disable the vFlash functionality*.
3. Click Back, click Finish, and then click Yes.
The vFlash functionality is enabled or disabled based on the selection."

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Michael C. Tiernan <mtier...@mit.edu>
wrote:

> I have 10 new PE-R730xd machines that just came in. On a small set of them
> the virtual flash device showed up in the boot menu.
>
> I am assuming that I hit some combination of settings that accidently
> triggered making this available. I just can't figure out what setting
> caused this.
>
> The can anyone point me in the direction of some hints?
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints.
> ⁣--
>   << MCT >>   Michael C Tiernan
> Sent from Blue ​

Tech III * AppControl * Endpoint Protection * Server Maintenance
Buncombe County Schools Technology Department Network Group
ComicSans Awareness Campaign <http://comicsanscriminal.com>