Patrick Boutilier <bouti...@ednet.ns.ca> writes:

>> Installed smbios packages:
>>
>>    # rpm -qa|grep smbios
>>    libsmbios-2.3.3-6.el7.x86_64
>>    libsmbiosc++-2.3.1-3013.13047.el7.x86_64
>>    smbios-utils-bin-2.3.3-6.el7.x86_64
>
> Works fine here. I do have slightly more recent smibio rpms though.
>
> rpm -qa|grep smbios
> smbios-utils-bin-2.3.3-7.el7.x86_64
> libsmbios-2.3.3-7.el7.x86_64

Yep, presumably those are from EPEL. However, since the libsmbios
package is now available through Red Hat official repositories, the EPEL
packages should be retired according to the EPEL policy. Packages in
EPEL should not conflict or override official Red Hat packages.

Which means that the Dell packages should be made to function with the
Red Hat packages. It seems that the Red Hat libsmbios package is missing
some functionality, and that is the reasoning behind the new libsmbiosc++
package from Dell.

I've confirmed that it works with the (soon-to-be-retired) EPEL
packages, but it doesn't work with the new Red Hat libsmbios + Dell
libsmbiosc++ combo. Hopefully it's an easy fix for Dell :)

Regards,
--
Trond Hasle Amundsen <t.h.amund...@usit.uio.no>