[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

I hate replying to my own posts, but I downloaded the SLI iso and converted it
to a pxeimage. It's 1.8GB which is way too large but I noticed that it has a
ramdisk for /var/cache/yum, is this where dsu automatically writes everything?

From: Linux-PowerEdge <linux-poweredge-boun...@dell.com> On Behalf Of Drew
Weaver
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 12:00 PM
To: 'Linux-PowerEdge@dell.com' <Linux-PowerEdge@dell.com>
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] running dsu inside of a live image

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]
Hello,

We have been struggling to use the baseboard management controller to do
firmware updates on servers as different DRAC versions have different
capabilities and its also pretty slow.

We really like using dsu to do updates so we are trying to create a live image
that basically just runs DSU and then turns the server off.

The issue I am running into is that dsu seems to be writing data to the /
partition and since this is a live image the filesystem goes read-only after it
writes about 300MB to the filesystem.

Is there a way to make DSU only use /tmp or any other ramdisk based partition
when it runs?

Thanks,
-Drew