On Sat, 2 Dec 2000 16:25:32 +0000, Richard Adams wrote:

>Hello All.
>
>I have just joined this list, i am pesuming that this list is for Software
>raid, if my question is off-topic please feel free to point me elsewhere.
>
>I have a Hot Rod 100 Pro, the chipset is HPT370 and the card is made by
>Abit.
>On the box it says it is supported by ABIT Gentus (linux) which is why i
>brought it, however i cannot find any URL or mention of it anywhere.

Abit's Gentus is, I believe, simply a RedHat distro with a kernel with
the HPT-patches.

>Of course it works under win98 but that is not what i want.
>
>Question(s)
>Has anyone knowlage of this card

Yes, it is a well known RAID IDE card. The HPT370 chip is also
used on various Abit motherboards. The ABit card was recently tested
in the german c't magazine, and came out #1.

>Does anyone have it working under linux.

I believe you will need a kernel-patch to make it work with 2.2.x;
I have an Abit BP6 with the HPT366 chip, and that required a
kernel-patch (from www.highpointtech.com)
Kernel 2.4.x has built-in HPTxxx-support, AFAIK.

regards,
Per Jessen