Hi,
I've successfully set up SW-RAID0 with Kernel 2.4.3 and Raidtools 0.9.
I did this to increase the performance of my HD, but nothig happens.
hdparm -t /dev/md0 : 20.25 MB/sec
hdparm -t /dev/hda : 20.51 MB/sec
hdaprm -t /dev/hdc : 20.71 MB/sec
I thougt the performnace of RAID0 should near 40MB/sec.
I played with different chunk-sizes, but the result was everytime the same.
The drives are both Maxtor DiamondMax VL40, 30GB, DMA on.
No other drive is attached on the bus.

Are there known performanace problems with 2.4.3, or is it necessary to
apply patches to the kernel?
Thank you for every hint!

Andreas
--