Hello Neil ,

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Neil Brown wrote:
On Tuesday November 15, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, NeilBrown wrote:
+
+---------------------------
+
+What:  START_ARRAY ioctl for md
+When:  July 2006
+Files: drivers/md/md.c
+Why:   Not reliable by design - can fail when most needed.
+       Alternatives exist
+Who:   NeilBrown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        Would some please update Documentation/md.txt with the alternates
        that exist to replace START_ARRAY ?  Or for that matter any kernel
        related document that covers the md driver &/or its tools .
                Tia ,  JimL
Are you just asking "What are the 'Alternatives' that are claimed to
exist?"?
        Yes ,  And to have them documented .

If so, then it is  'mdadm -A'.  I guess I could make that more
explicit.
        Hmm ,  Where is mdadm documented as linux-raid tool(set) IN the
        kernel tree ?  It's not in md.txt ..
# grep mdadm /usr/src/linux/Documentation/md.txt
#
        Please help me(us) here .

Or are you asking something else?
        No ,  You got it right .  Tia ,  JimL