Francois Barre wrote:
2006/6/23, PFC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

- XFS is faster and fragments less, but make sure you have a good UPS
Why a good UPS ? XFS has a good strong journal, I never had an issue
with it yet... And believe me, I did have some dirty things happening
here...

        - ReiserFS 3.6 is mature and fast, too, you might consider it
- ext3 is slow if you have many files in one directory, but has more
mature tools (resize, recovery etc)
XFS tools are kind of mature also. Online grow, dump, ...

        I'd go with XFS or Reiser.
I'd go with XFS. But I may be kind of fanatic...

Strange that whatever the filesystem you get equal numbers of people saying that they have never lost a single byte to those who have had horrible corruption and
would never touch it again. We stopped using XFS about a year ago because we
were getting kernel stack space panics under heavy load over NFS. It looks like
the time has come to give it another try.