On Friday December 8, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've added 2 new disks to an existing raid5 array and started the grow
> process.
>
> The grow process was unsuccessfull because it stalled at 98.1% and the system
> log show a long list of "compute_blocknr: map not correct".

Not good!

> Am I just blind or is it not possible to start an array without starting the
> reshape process?

Normally you wouldn't want to....

Can you post the output of "mdadm --examine" on each of the component
devices please.  And tell me what version of the Linux kernel you are
using, and what version of mdadm?  I'll see if I can figure out what
happened and what the best way to fix it is.

Thanks,
NeilBrown