Hi Sevrin,

Are you sure all the disks are working OK?

We saw a problem here with a 4-disk SATA array.  The array was working
without errors but was _very_ slow.  When we checked each disk individually,
we found one disk was reporting SMART errors and running slow.  We removed
it and replaced it with a new disk and the RAID array ran at full speed
again.  Further tests on the removed disk found that it was having a lot of
problems but just about hanging in there (although taking a long time for
each operation) - hence the RAID array didn't mark it as faulty.

I would check the SMART logs with smartctl to see if anything looks a bit
wrong and try benchmarking the disks individually too.

- Roger