dean gaudet wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Peter Rabbitson wrote:

dean gaudet wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Peter Rabbitson wrote:

Hi,
How does one determine the XFS sunit and swidth sizes for a software
raid10
with 3 copies?
mkfs.xfs uses the GET_ARRAY_INFO ioctl to get the data it needs from
software raid and select an appropriate sunit/swidth...

although i'm not sure i agree entirely with its choice for raid10:
So do I, especially as it makes no checks for the amount of copies (3 in my
case, not 2).

it probably doesn't matter.
This was essentially my question. For an array -pf3 -c1024 I get swidth = 4 *
sunit = 4MiB. Is it about right and does it matter at all?

how many drives?

Sorry. 4 drives, 3 far copies (so any 2 drives can fail), 1M chunk.