Moshe Yudkowsky schrieb:
Carlos Carvalho wrote:

I use reiser3 and xfs. reiser3 is very good with many small files. A
simple test shows interactively perceptible results: removing large
files is faster with xfs, removing large directories (ex. the kernel
tree) is faster with reiser3.

My current main concern about XFS and reiser3 is writebacks. The default mode for ext3 is "journal," which in case of power failure is more robust than the writeback modes of XFS, reiser3, or JFS -- or so I'm given to understand.

Also, barriers ("barrier=1" option for ext3) are not supported on filesystems placed on md/dm, it's a bit of a pain.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org