Richard Scobie wrote:
A followup for the archives:

I found this document very useful:

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-July/008898.html

After modifying my grub.conf to refer to (hd0,0), reinstalling grub on hdc with:

grub> device (hd0) /dev/hdc

grub> root (hd0,0)

grub> (hd0)

and rebooting with the bios set to boot off hdc, everything burst back into life.

I shall now be checking all my Fedora/Centos RAID1 installs for grub installed on both drives.

Have you actually tested this by removing the first hd and booting? Depending on the BIOS I believe that the fallback drive will be called hdc by the BIOS but will be hdd in the system. That was with RHEL3, but worth testing.

--
Bill Davidsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still