Michael Tokarev wrote:
Janek Kozicki wrote:
Marcin Krol said:     (by the date of Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:42:19 +0100)

2. How can I delete that damn array so it doesn't hang my server up in a loop?
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M count=10

This works provided the superblocks are at the beginning of the
component devices.  Which is not the case by default (0.90
superblocks, at the end of components), or with 1.0 superblocks.

  mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdb1

Would that work if even if he doesn't update his mdadm.conf inside the /boot image? Or would mdadm attempt to build the array according to the instructions in mdadm.conf? I expect that it might depend on whether the instructions are given in terms of UUID or in terms of devices.

--
Moshe Yudkowsky * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * www.pobox.com/~moshe
 "I think it a greater honour to have my head standing on the ports