From: Kim-Ee Yeoh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Johns Daniel wrote:

   > You can probably get more throughput with a dual-channel
   > controller like the Mylex 952(?). And, I believe it
   > is cheaper than the 958!

   Actually, I was thinking of a Diamond Fireport Dual using Symbios parts.
   But right now, I'm rather pleased with the performance -- system is
   actually a home machine, not a server, built from El Cheapo used parts.

I run a RAID0 mirror off the DualFire, just get Gerald's latest
patches for best performance.  I did a semi-apples&oranges comparison
with Bonnie, the RAID0 made of identical old FUJITSU M1606S-512 drives
versus MICROP 4341WS.  The 4341 is the active root filesystem, the
1606s were a blank, inactive set.  To my amazement, the bonnie results
were very similar, server load was minimal.