Since nearly a year I'm successfully running RAID0 on 3 SCSI disks.
The speed of the array is nearly the double speed of a single drive.

This week I had to setup a RAID0 array using two IDE disks on a
pentium VX board. A single disk gives me 10 mb/s using busmaster dma.
But using two disks together on RAID0 the performance goes down to
8,5 mb/s. The drives are on two different IDE channels. Shoudn't
the performance of the array be higher than 10 mb/s?
Is this a problem of the VX chipset? Should I better use a board that
can do ultra/dma?

Thanks in advance!
--
Bernd Bartmann