From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Date:         Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:29:40 -0500

  Hi folks,

  This could make a pretty good howto if it has a happy ending.

  I got a mylex dac960 card to drive an external rack with 5-9gb scsi
  drives. RH5.2 (2.0.36) already is installed, on an ide hard drive.

  Collected the driver and utilities from dandelion, made a new kernel and
  swapped out lilo and fdisk. Put the new kernel into lilo.conf and it
  loads just fine (though it had a little trouble seeing a 3com 3509 at
  first ...?) Used the handy Dandelion script to create the full
  complement of /dev/rd/*s.

  Then I used mylex's bios tool to configure all five disks as a raid-5,
  with no spare. It tells me everything's online and ready for use.

  Home-free? Not really. At this point I should be able to load the os and
  use fdisk to partition my new raid. Based on the docs I've been able to
  find, I should be able to address the array at /dev/rd/c0d0. It doesn't
  answer up there, or at c1, c2, etc.

  Any tips or hints? Where did I go wrong? (please restrict comments to
  the current topic).

Did the driver boot messages show up when you booted the system?  If they
didn't, then you don't have the driver installed in the kernel.  If they do,
then if you'll send them to me perhaps I'll be able to determine why the
devices are not being seen.

                Leonard