>From: Chris A. Icide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>Is there a maximum partition size and maximum number of real devices (I
>know about MAX_REAL in the md_k.h file) that can be used on the Sparc
>platform?
>
>I've recompiled the kernel with MAX_REAL set to 64, and it still limits me
>to 12.

There is another constant in md_p.h that must be adjusted.
Take a look at MD_SB_DISKS. This constant indicates how many disks can be
listed in an MD superblock.

Note to Software RAID people:
The MAX_REAL constant in md_k.h should be eliminated. Use of MAX_REAL should
be replaced with MD_SB_DISKS.

The largest adjustment I have attempted to MD_SB_DISKS is to go from 12 to
24.
This was done by transferring reserved space in the superblock to the space
allocated to md members.
To go beyond 24 requires that the size of the MD superblock be extended
beyond its
current defined size of 4k. Gee, I wonder what that will break?...

The raidtools-0145*90 has it's own copy of MD_SB_DISKS. Any changes to
md_k.h file
have to be repeated there also. I beleive the file name there is md_int.h.

The largest stripe partition I've ever made is 24 * 2GB = 48GB.
I had no trouble creating this (eventually). I did not try anything larger.

Hope this info is helpful.

Regards,

Steve.