On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, A James Lewis wrote:

> I think there may be a problem with your mail.....  I see no content.
>

> Current time: 1999/03/09 12:51 GMT
> ERROR: Header line added to ASCII armor: "Hash: SHA1"
> ASCII armor corrupted.
>
> On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, jason wrote:
>

> James ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Vortex Internet
> My operating system unders~1 long filena~1, and yours?

Or it could be your mail handler.  I got Jason's message (see below).

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to the question, but I recall that
several months ago there were statements that Adaptec was not providing
information for their RAID cards, so drivers could not be developed.  This
situation might have changed.  First, you should contact Adaptec tech
support and ask for Linux drivers.  If they deny Linux support, point them
to several of the recent stories about the growth of Linux in the server
market.  Do they really want to surrender this market to their
competitors?

I did this with American Megatrends, and several months later they
announced Linux development for their MegaRAID cards.  Given the
inquiries on the RAID list about support for that card, I think it has
proven to be a wise business decision for them.

Good luck!

Geof

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, jason wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:16:43 +1100
> From: jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: a newbie loser

DISCLAIMER:  The comments above are my own and may not represent the views
             of my employer.
:         Geof Goodrum          :         US Department of Commerce         :
:       +1-301-457-5100         : NOAA/NESDIS National Climatic Data Center :
:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  :         Satellite Services Branch         :