Hello,

  OK, OK, I know.. it is all pre-beta software but I need help
with it now. We lost some 16Gb now due to some stupid drives
and drivers.....

We have two md-raid 5 arrays running on an 'older' version of the
md-tools. -- /usr/src/linux/include/linux/md.h says 0.36.5
raidadd v0.3d compiled for md raidtools-0.50

Linux deepthought 2.0.35 #5 Fri Jul 24 17:05:34 CEST 1998 i686
unknown

What happened is there was a dead drive in the array, then the
scsi-bus
got reset (stupid aha152x somehow reset the WHOLE scsi sub-system
including
the 2 ncr810a boards for the raid arrays!  AAARRRGGG!!!!)

Anyway, the strange part SEEMS to be that the MD tried to
rebuild,
and for some unknown reason, a second drive on the failed array
also failed temporarily. MD couldn't 'update' the timestamp on
the
md-header and the whole thing just crapped out but not before
writting
the update to the other 2 drives in the array. Now, I'm 97.07734%
sure
the temporary faild disk has good data on it as the whole array
just
stopped at that point. Its just missing the timestamp.

HOW can I create a timestamp on the 'not so failed' disk so I can
get
the (some?) data off?
(My DLT backup is 2 months old and we need the data!)

I promise to upgrade the machine's raid system after I get this
data!

Thanks for the help and advice!

Bob.

*/