Hi, All.
        I am trying to install RedHat 5.2 on a Dell PowerEdge 2200 Server
that has 3 9GB harddisks connected to an AMI MegaRAID controller (RAID 5)
and a CD-ROM connected to the Adeptec 7880 controller on the motherboard. I
use the boot disk downloaded from
ftp://ftp.megatrends.com/megaraid/drivers/linux. The installation went on
smoothly. The program saw both SCSI controllers. Disk Druid indicated that I
had a SCSI drive of 17GB. I made a 200 MB partition for the root (sda1,
Linux native) and a 500 MB partition for /usr (sda5, linux native). All the
files were copied properly and I configured the network and so on. However,
before installation finished, I got this error message 'An error occurred
during step "Install boot loader"'. I tried both 'Master Boot Record' and
'First sector of boot partition' options. Same error message occurred. Can
anyone tell me what went wrong? Do I have to pass some special options to
the kernel at boot time?
Thank you very much.
                                                                        Lei Liu
Lei Liu                    Phone: (212) 821-9502
Lighthouse International   Fax:   (212) 751-9667
111 East 59th Street       Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
New York, NY 10022