[stuff about documentation distributed with earlier rpms deleted]
Well, the newer raidtools packages (starting with 19990309 I believe),
include an updated Software-RAID howto document as well as a RAID5.HOWTO and
other short documents that are up to date.
I have created an rpm for raidtools-0.90-19990309 that contains these docs
and puts them in /usr/doc/raidtools...
If you would like it, let me know. It is by no means official but it
Works For Me.
It is based on a .spec file from an older rpm anyway.

> I don't know what else to do,  because I have read some posts about patching kernels
>2.0.x or 2.2.3
> but nothing about 2.2.2
If you are running 2.2.2, the best thing to do would be to upgrade to 2.2.3
and then apply the 0309 raid patches.

Chris