And lo, Eyal Lebedinsky saith unto me:

> Jon Lewis wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 26 Dec 1998, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> >
> > > I think the FAST-5 was negotiated as the best the drive will do. Here is
> > > how another disk comes up:

In your kernel configuration, be sure that you've specified something
higher than the default (5) for the maximum synchronous connection speed.
I'm no Gerard Roudier, but I expect it might actually believe that
compile-time ceiling.  Or it might not.

>         ncr53c810-1-<1,*>: asynchronous.
>         ncr53c810-1-<1,*>: FAST-5 SCSI 4.0 MB/s (250 ns, offset 8)
> I really think the disks are just stubborn.

This is another (unfortunate) possibility.  It's been a while since those
ProDrives were made...

        Keith

--
 "Well, look at that.  The sun's   | Linux: http://www.linuxhq.com     |"Zooty,